Artistic Concepts and Processes

We all know what an essay is, right? We've all had experience in school writing one or, at least, reading one--a short, opinionated writing about a specific subject. However, there is an alternative definition, one we often don't consider --an initial attempt or endeavor. It is vital for us to create without being afraid to fail, essayer as the French put it, to attempt. In doing so we become more familiar with a process or technique and eventually, with enough attempts, we can become experts.

Here is a sample of my attempts...

follow me on the twits yo!

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A Glimpse of Heaven: St. Louis and the Cathedral Basilica





In my few short years in the world, I've learned this: big cities are probably pretty cool, but you can't just drive to one without some sort of plan or guide. So, when a couple friends and I decided to hop in the car to go to St. Louis one Monday morning, we probably failed to have the most authentic St. Louis experience. We managed to find the Zoo (and a place to park), but we also stumbled upon this architectural gem, the Cathedral Basilica. I mounted my camera on the old trusty tripod, (which, I'm sure, is not allowed) and poked around with some long exposures. When I found myself, at last, in the sanctuary, I borrowed a fisheye converter from a friend and found this shot of a lamp. A 25 second exposure at f/22 ISO 800 revealed something heavenly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers