Artistic Concepts and Processes

We all know what an essay is, right? We've all had experience in school writing one or, at least, reading one--a short, opinionated writing about a specific subject. However, there is an alternative definition, one we often don't consider --an initial attempt or endeavor. It is vital for us to create without being afraid to fail, essayer as the French put it, to attempt. In doing so we become more familiar with a process or technique and eventually, with enough attempts, we can become experts.

Here is a sample of my attempts...

follow me on the twits yo!

Sunday, September 18, 2011

On a Walk Around the House

9 June, 2011

Big day tomorrow. Big days usually throw my sleep schedule off. It's summer and I've been staying up late and sleeping in. Hard to adjust to normal-people-sleep. Tack jet lag onto that, you got yourself a sleep catastrophe. I won't be able to sleep tonight. Too much pressure to get a good night's sleep. I'm leaving f or Uganda tomorrow. Gonna be a long day. Been before, doesn't seem real 'til you're about to leave. And then you can't sleep. It's 7 o' clock. I probably woke up at 11. Can't remember, busy day, been packing. Uganda in a few short hours. I wish I felt more prepared. Does anyone feel prepared? Can you? I think it's best to be prepared for the unexpected. Is that the same as being unprepared? I hope I didn't forget to pack anything. Shouldn't have waited 'til the day before. I'm not gonna be able to sleep. Need to expend some energy. Maybe I'll take a walk to clear my head...

1/1600s at f/1.8 ISO 400


Rock the Shot

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers