Artistic Concepts and Processes

We all know what an essay is, right? We've all had experience in school writing one or, at least, reading one--a short, opinionated writing about a specific subject. However, there is an alternative definition, one we often don't consider --an initial attempt or endeavor. It is vital for us to create without being afraid to fail, essayer as the French put it, to attempt. In doing so we become more familiar with a process or technique and eventually, with enough attempts, we can become experts.

Here is a sample of my attempts...

follow me on the twits yo!

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

On a Walk Around the House

I realized that I had been missing the heart, the passion that made me want to start shooting in the first place. I remembered the first few outings with my camera, the way I saw the world, how much I learned, and it just made me happy to walk around and shoot some photos.

And most of my first shoots were from long walks I would take in and around the hometown. These photos are in the same vain, shots from a long walk around the house.

1/400s at f/5.0 ISO 400

Follow this link to view the rest of the photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers