Artistic Concepts and Processes

We all know what an essay is, right? We've all had experience in school writing one or, at least, reading one--a short, opinionated writing about a specific subject. However, there is an alternative definition, one we often don't consider --an initial attempt or endeavor. It is vital for us to create without being afraid to fail, essayer as the French put it, to attempt. In doing so we become more familiar with a process or technique and eventually, with enough attempts, we can become experts.

Here is a sample of my attempts...

follow me on the twits yo!

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Star Trail 10/24/11

It must have been fate that I chose to walk this night. What else could explain it? Divinity had His hand in it--the night sky glowed faintly red but for a few short minutes. I would have missed it if I had embarked at any other time.

I didn't catch the Northern Lights in this particular image, but it was a strange sight to see. I shot this star trail on a whim early last week. It turned out well and yielded one of the best time lapses I've attempted yet.



Instead of using the Star Trails application, I used an action for Photoshop. Star Trails is a windows only program. Also, the software hasn't been updated in years and I'm worried it might become obsolete.  For the time lapse, I imported the images to Premiere and set the length of each still to 1 frame (instead of the default 150) in a video set to 30 frames per second.  So, every still being a 30 second exposure, each second in the time lapse is actually 15 minutes in real time

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers