Artistic Concepts and Processes

We all know what an essay is, right? We've all had experience in school writing one or, at least, reading one--a short, opinionated writing about a specific subject. However, there is an alternative definition, one we often don't consider --an initial attempt or endeavor. It is vital for us to create without being afraid to fail, essayer as the French put it, to attempt. In doing so we become more familiar with a process or technique and eventually, with enough attempts, we can become experts.

Here is a sample of my attempts...

follow me on the twits yo!

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Bottle Rocket Wars

Moving on to bottle rocket wars seemed the next natural step in the process of July 4th evolution.

Once I threatened my brother at bottle rocket-point, lighter poised to ignite. He wouldn't leave my room and left me no other choice. It was meant to be merely a facade. By accident, I stepped too close to the edge and lit the rocket. I had no other choice than to allow the rocket to spray its sparks and explode in my hand.

For those who don't know, the stem on the bottle rocket guides it straight, take it off and you've got yourself a free agent. It was bottle rocket Russian roulette. We'd play games of chicken by lighting these stemless bottle rockets and throwing them between us—you were marked a coward if you fled.

19s at f/18 ISO 100

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers