Artistic Concepts and Processes

We all know what an essay is, right? We've all had experience in school writing one or, at least, reading one--a short, opinionated writing about a specific subject. However, there is an alternative definition, one we often don't consider --an initial attempt or endeavor. It is vital for us to create without being afraid to fail, essayer as the French put it, to attempt. In doing so we become more familiar with a process or technique and eventually, with enough attempts, we can become experts.

Here is a sample of my attempts...

follow me on the twits yo!

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Bottle Rocket Wars

We'd spend the day light hours shooting off all the wimpy stuff, but when night fell, we'd pull out the big guns. Fourth of July has changed over the years. The big finale has transformed from terrifying event that overwhelmed my untrained senses, to a theatrical display I participated in as a spectator, to a performance in which I played a lead part, and now, again, something I merely enjoy and observe from the sidelines. As I get older, the world has gotten smaller in some ways, some things have lost their wonder, their grip on me. While I may not be amazed by a simple light show these days, it still brings that sense of nostalgia and days long gone.

6s at f/20 ISO 100

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers