Artistic Concepts and Processes

We all know what an essay is, right? We've all had experience in school writing one or, at least, reading one--a short, opinionated writing about a specific subject. However, there is an alternative definition, one we often don't consider --an initial attempt or endeavor. It is vital for us to create without being afraid to fail, essayer as the French put it, to attempt. In doing so we become more familiar with a process or technique and eventually, with enough attempts, we can become experts.

Here is a sample of my attempts...

follow me on the twits yo!

Monday, October 17, 2011

Panoramic Narrative

This is the first attempt in the process of compositing images into a panorama that tells a story. A macro tube was employed to capture these six images. I mounted my camera on a tripod and swiveled only the left right axis to keep a steady background. I moved the figure through the frames, telling a short story. The images were brought into Photoshop and I used layer masks to blend them into the final image.

Next time, I would overlap my images more during production. It was difficult only having a small area of overlap to blend the images with. Moreover, I noticed some vignetting happening near the edges of the frames, only adding to the difficulty of blending. Look closely and you will notice some of the problem areas.

1.3s at f/5.6 ISO 100

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers