Artistic Concepts and Processes

We all know what an essay is, right? We've all had experience in school writing one or, at least, reading one--a short, opinionated writing about a specific subject. However, there is an alternative definition, one we often don't consider --an initial attempt or endeavor. It is vital for us to create without being afraid to fail, essayer as the French put it, to attempt. In doing so we become more familiar with a process or technique and eventually, with enough attempts, we can become experts.

Here is a sample of my attempts...

follow me on the twits yo!

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Dinner With A Gypsy: Ozark Empire Fair 2011

I parked cars this summer at the Ozark Empire Fair. Incredibly easy gig—worth an extra couple hundred bucks and the opportunity to meet some new and interesting folk. Plus, you can satisfy all your fair needs for free! My goal was to shoot the carnival every night I was there, but I was not feeling well that week and didn't have the energy.

1s at f/8.0 ISO 100

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers